How trigger point injections from your pain management doctor in Winter Park, FL, can help you feel better
Aches and pains are common. They can be caused by overuse, aging, illness, an injury, or underlying medical condition. If you suffer from painful knots developing in your muscles, these are known as trigger points. Fortunately, your pain management doctor can treat these trigger points and reduce your pain.
Dr. Enrique Umpierre-Schuck at Central Florida Pain and Rehab Clinic in Winter Park, FL, provides a wide range of pain management and rehabilitation services, including trigger point injections to help you feel better.
There are several risk factors which can increase your likelihood of suffering from trigger points. These factors include:
- Being older
- Being in poor physical condition
- Experiencing chronic stress and tension
- Sleeping poorly or having a lack of sleep
- Having poor posture and body mechanics
- Being deficient in vitamins and minerals
There are several signs and symptoms of trigger points, including:
- Loss of flexibility and range of motion
- Weakness in your muscles or spasms
- Tenderness when you push on the trigger point
- Pain that radiates to other areas
If you notice any of the signs or symptoms listed above, it’s time to consider trigger point injections from your pain management doctor.
During a trigger point injection, your pain management doctor will inject a small amount of anesthetic or steroid into the trigger point. Ultrasound may also be used to guide the injection to the proper site.
There are many benefits to trigger point injections. Consider that trigger point injections:
- Release tightness and pressure caused by the trigger point, relieving pain
- Restore range of motion and flexibility by releasing tension
- Are quick, requiring only 2 to 3 minutes per injection
To learn more about the benefits of trigger point injections and how they can help you feel better, call Dr. Enrique Umpierre-Schuck at Central Florida Pain and Rehab Clinic in Winter Park, FL. You can reach him in the office by calling (407) 673-9533, so call today.