How joint injections from your doctor in Winter Park, FL, can relieve your joint pain
Your joints are important because they help your body move. If your joints are stiff or sore from overuse, playing a sport, aging, or other reasons, they could benefit from joint injections.
Dr. Enrique Umpierre-Schuck at Central Florida Pain and Rehab Clinic in Winter Park, FL, offers a wide variety of pain management and rehabilitation services, including joint injections, to relieve your joint pain.
Your joints can become inflamed from a variety of causes including:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sports and physical activities
There are many ways to treat joint pain caused by inflammation, and one of the most effective is an injection of an anti-inflammatory medication into the joint. A corticosteroid is often used to reduce inflammation and decrease pain.
A joint injection can be helpful for inflammation and pain in many joints in your body, including your:
There are many benefits of joint injections. Consider that joint injections are:
- An outpatient procedure, so there is no hospital stay
- Mid-level therapy, used when over-the-counter medications aren’t enough, but surgery is not yet indicated
- Long-lasting, and can last from one to six months or more
- Helpful to identify the location of the pain if the site is not yet known
- Helpful to achieve enough pain relief to start physical therapy
- Helpful in delaying surgical treatment to a later time
Joint injections can improve your quality of life, and they can be repeated, to give you long-term pain relief. In addition, joint injections can:
- Increase your flexibility
- Increase your mobility
- Improve your ability to stay active without pain
- Decrease your anxiety and fear of pain in your joints
- Help you complete your daily activities without pain
To learn more about the benefits of joint injections and how they can help you, call Dr. Enrique Umpierre-Schuck at Central Florida Pain and Rehab Clinic in Winter Park, FL. You can reach him in the office by calling (407) 673-9533, so call today!