What is Your Underlying Health Problem?
Dr. Enrique Umpierre-Schuck is an award-winning, board-certified medical doctor in physiatry and pain medicine who directs the Central Florida Pain & Rehab Clinic in Winter Park, FL. Chronic is never a regular thing and is never secondary to aging. You can expect acute pain due to possible health problems, injuries, surgery, etc.
Pain is a secondary response to a primary health problem.
Acute and Constant Pain
Central Florida Pain & Rehab Clinic in Winter Park, FL, agrees that chronic pain robs you of quality of life at work, home, and play. Chronic uncontrolled pain causes depression and social/economic stressors.
Be aware not to compare your pain with anyone else because
- No other patient reacts to pain like you
- Your pain level is different from anyone else
- You may have different underlying causes for chronic pain
- You respond differently to treatment
- Your healing times will differ from anyone else
Pain Medication Options
Our clinic may offer some of the following pain medication options.
- Trigger Point Injections of an anesthetic, steroid, or sarapin to relieve painful muscle spasms and pain
- Peripheral Joint Injections of steroid medications decrease pain and inflammation.
- Viscosupplementation with hyaluronic acid or Synvisc injected into the joint provides a cushion and lubrication to prevent friction and decrease pain.
- Regeneration Injection Therapy, such as,
Wharton's Jelly increases circulation to all constant pain sites, thus improving healing capabilities and decreasing agonizing pain.
- Botox Injections block nerve signals to muscles for up to six months before reinjection.
- Implantable Devices such as a neurostimulator are implanted under the skin, replacing pain with a tingling sensation.
- Drug Pump is an intrathecal delivery system that delivers pain medication to the pain receptors instead of entering the circulatory system, and small doses of medication decrease pain.
Pain therapies target underlying conditions, decreasing or eliminating constant pain. Pain therapies are particular to your needs and circumstances. Pain therapy can be a combination of,
We have a variety of possible pain interventions,
- Electromyogram (EMG) measuring electrical impulses of muscle activity.
- Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS) tells our doctor the presence, location, and extent of diseases causing damage to muscle tissue.
- C-Trac Device for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a ligament stretching device and non-surgical intervention.
- Homeopathic Injections made from plants and minerals are an alternative pain medication versus not using steroids.
No Need to Suffer from Ongoing Pain
Call Dr. Umpierre-Schuck today at (407) 673-9533 at the Central Florida Pain & Rehab Clinic in Winter Park, FL, for a consultation for chronic pain management.
Pain is your body's response to an underlying health problem. Let us help discover the underlying cause of pain and work hard to remove it.